General Floating Policies
In order to continue the use of this natural resource, we must respect the residents & environment. It is important that floaters adhere to the following policies:
- Trash – There are three trash disposal & recycle points. Two at the upstream entries and one at our exit. Please do not discard of your trash or recycling in the river. This is Seattle. We don’t do that. Our team ensures the trash and recycle cans are ready for your use.
- No Glass Bottles – Do not bring glass on the river. Glass will break, and as a result kills fish and injures others using the river. Aluminum Cans or Plastic is fine.
- Sanitation – Our team has provided portable toilets in the community park. Please do not use private property on the river as your restroom. Residents are highly encourage to call the police if floaters are seen violating this law.
- Alcohol – RCW 66.44.100 prohibits alcohol use all on Washington State Rivers and Fisheries. While we will not rummage around your coolers (personal or rented), respect the law and general safety. Persons who are clearly intoxicated will not be allowed to rent equipment or on our shuttle for the remainder of that day. Fall City Floating is not liable for any accidents or fatalities cause by drinking on the river.
- Parking – Parking in areas with no parking signs will result in your car being towed. Do not park in a way that blocks other cars or emergency vehicles.
- Respect Others – This is a family activity and there are residents & children here. Loud foul language, belligerence, intoxication, and general disrespect will not be tolerated. Be a good person and keep yourself and members of your group under control.